Welcome Yall!

Hopefully, from time to time, I can share thoughts, experiences and photos from my part of the world. It will usually be opionated, hopefully interesting, or at least funny, and always SOUTHERN.

I make no apoligies for any of the above. I thank everyone for their input and feed back. I praise God. You see, I am proudly an American by birth, but thankfully a Southerner by the grace of God.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

WAY OVERDUE!

Needless to say, I am way behind on posting. It's not that there hasn't been anything to write about, I just haven't felt inspired. To be honest, I'm posting this out of guilt.

At any rate, it's been an interesting spring. But before the real warm weather arrived I was still feeding the birds in my satellite feeder.





There is a cemetery in the city of Brandon near where I live that is quite historic. The civil war memorial is quite appropriate for this time of year.


I had the opportunity to return to my home town and share with a few of the folks there, how important the people, town, and time period had been to me. Much to my glee they agreed, without exception. We even smiled at some of our identical memories of our youth.

The number one location of influence, outside my home, during my youth was this beautiful church.





The stained glass has always been beautiful and thought provoking for me. I think that this little sanctuary is probably the most peaceful place I have ever had the privilege of being.


I know this post is just a bunch of ramblings, but they were on my mind. Each day has been filled with my plans or intentions to write something worth while, but I have fallen short. Maybe it was spring fever or old age that caused me to procrastinate. More likely, it's just plain ole laziness. GUILTY!


The days have lengthened, the sun is hotter each day, the sweet smell of honey suckle and gardenia fill the air while chlorophyll green is the color of the day.

Enjoy the Summer.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Charles,
    I'm glad to see you posted something again!! I understand how you feel....sort of like writer's block. I like this varied post! I really like to see the stained glass windows of your church!!
    Don't worry about what other people might think of your post, just post whatever is on your mind or in your memory. I know you have some great stories tucked away in your memory!
    Thanks for your prayers for Joe! Thanks to you and many, many others, God is answering by healing Joe at a remarkable rate! We are so blessed!

    ReplyDelete