Welcome Yall!

Hopefully, from time to time, I can share thoughts, experiences and photos from my part of the world. It will usually be opionated, hopefully interesting, or at least funny, and always SOUTHERN.

I make no apoligies for any of the above. I thank everyone for their input and feed back. I praise God. You see, I am proudly an American by birth, but thankfully a Southerner by the grace of God.

Monday, April 9, 2012

Spring Birds


This is Percy.  He, Margie, and their family live in our back yard. 

They are generally so busy trying to provide nourishment for their young that they don't have time to stop and enjoy the day.  Sound familiar?

Today around noon, they seemed to take just a moment to appreciate the day.
The sun was warm.  The breeze was pleasant and they appeared to be unaffected by my presence.

The Martins seem to be doing the same.  I'm about 250 feet away so I guess I was less likely to disturb their routine.  Notice the young ones peeking out the doorway?   

Good Friday, Martha and I visited the Eagles at Noxubee Wildlife Refuge.  We were a little surprised at the size of the young birds.  Looks like they got an early start along with the early spring. 

Easter morning moon.  I took this just as my family and I left sunrise services.  It was really a special time.  What a WONDERFUL WORLD! 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Hi Charles,
    I didn't know you had your birds named!!! That's cute! Maybe Jeep and I should name ours;-) Hope those Martins eat up all your mosquitoes! Looks like we have missed out on the Eagles this year. Those 'babies' are really big! Glad your Easter was nice. We had a good worship service and family lunch. And yes, It's a wonderful world!!

    ReplyDelete